Monday, May 18, 2015

Weekly Art Journal - May 11 - 17


This week we spent the week prepping for the Juicy Soul Retreat. I had a lot of fun playing with all my art supplies. I pulled out things I don't usually use. It's really good to use all the supplies in my studio and stop "saving" them.  I pulled out my number stamps and a date stamper. I added phrases and words using my new Dina Wakely stamps from A Work of Heart and magazine cut outs and clear stickers. I even busted out my Gelli Plate to do some mono printing of the background. I sometimes forget how much fun playing with a variety of supplies can be in the creative process. New tools give a new perspective and spark new ideas.

I challenge you to try some new supplies...you already have in your stash. Try to put them to good use in your journal this week. If you have any favorite tools, please share. I'd love to know.